Squeegee CSV files are import files used for manually converting your customers into importable Squeegee data. Some examples of situations that would warrant importing data this way include:
- Importing existing customers from a previous pen and paper system
- Importing existing customers from a system that we don't support auto-importing on (Cleaner Planner, Aworka, George and Smart Round)
NOTE: If you require support to import files for you, you will need to use our chargeable import service. Get a quote from the app, in Settings -> Data -> Get a Quote for a Custom Import.
The importing process in Squeegee for these CSV's are as follows:
Create Your Import File
In order to do this, we recommend you use a CSV editor such as Excel or Google Sheets. Depending on how you stored the data you wish to import, you may need to gather all of the available documents you have for your customers.
Start by taking a look at our sample Squeegee CSV file that you can download under Settings -> Data -> Download a Sample Squeegee Import CSV file. It should look similar to this:
This file is an example to follow when making your import document. Feel free to just use this document and fill out the rows for each customer as you go.
NOTE: The only two required fields for importing are the Customer Name and the Customer Address. If you do not have the customer name, feel free to enter 'Unknown' as you see above. If you don't have any of the not-required information, you can leave that field blank.
Things to note:
1. Format the telephone number fields as text, otherwise excel or similar strip out the initial zeros
2. Price fields such as "customer balance" and "job price" must be numerical and fixed to two decimal places, for example 24.99 do not include currency symbols
3. Date format is international: YYYY-MM-DD
4. Owing balances are positive, Credit balances are negative
5. Job description is the field for job notes - these can be viewed by workers with even the most basic permissions, customer notes can only be viewed by users with creator, admin and owner permissions
6. If you wish to import job data, the required fields are:
- job price must be numerical and fixed to two decimal places for example 12.89
- job date
- job frequency interval numerical value eg: 1,2,3,4
- job frequency type, supported values are: days, weeks, months, non-recurring for ad-hoc/one off jobs
- job service
If you have any more questions or queries, or would like to see what other features Squeegee has to offer, please take a look at our help page at https://squeeg.ee/help or alternatively you can ring us on, 020 7861 4401